The purpose of Shiloh Bible Church is to exalt the Lord, to edify and equip its congregation, and to evangelize the world.
- We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is inerrant in its original writings being communicated by the Holy Spirit to holy men of God, and is the ultimate source of both guidance and authority for the life of the Christian and in the governance of the church (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe in God the Trinity—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—who has revealed Himself to man in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was “God manifest in the flesh,” begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, true God and true man, and that He died for our sins, was buried and raised again for our justification, and that He ascended to and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as High Priest and Advocate (1 Timothy 3:16, Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:20-23, John 1:1, 14, Romans 4:25, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Ephesians 1:20, Hebrews 8:1, 1 John 2:1).
- We believe that God created man “in His own image,” “spirit, soul and body” and that through temptation man sinned and became a fallen creature, “dead in trespasses and sins” (Genesis 1:26, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Ephesians 2:1).
- We believe that God sent Jesus Christ as the Savior of mankind and, through the offering of Himself on the cross and the shedding of His own precious blood, He propitiated God and reconciled the sinner and became the substitute for every man who, by faith, accepts Him as his personal Savior (John 3:14-16, Hebrews 9:14, Romans 3:24-25, 2 Corinthians 5:19).
- We believe that all who thus receive Him are born again and are members of the family of God (John 1:12-13, 3:3).
- We believe in the “blessed hope” as the next great event in God’s program when the dead in Christ shall be resurrected and the living saints translated and caught up together to meet Him in the air (Titus 2:13, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17).
- We believe in the personal, premillennial, and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to this earth when He will sit upon the throne of His glory and judge the Gentile nations, after which He will reign for one thousand years in righteousness and peace (Matthew 24:29-30, 25:31-32, Acts 1:11, Revelation 20:4).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost (John 5:28-29, Philippians 3:21, Revelation 21:8, 20:11-16).
- We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is the “prince of the power of the air,” “the god of this age,” and who is now “blinding the minds of them who believe not lest the light of the gospel of Christ shine in unto them” (Ephesians 2:2, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
- We believe in baptism as an ordinance of the Church and each member’s being baptized as a matter of obedience, but that baptism has no saving value (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe that the Lord’s Table was instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ and that all obedient believers should not forsake the assembling of themselves together to remember Him in His death, until He comes again (Matthew 26:26-28, 1 Corinthians 11:23-32,Hebrews 10:25).
- We believe man was created by God in His image and that sexuality/gender is a characteristic endowed to us by our Creator and therefore is established by Him and is not subject to the feelings or choices of the individual (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16).
- We believe that marriage was created by God as a holy institution. He has established it for His glory and has ordained it to be made up of one man and one woman united and committed to each other in holy matrimony. Because it is a holy institution created by God, it cannot be changed (Genesis 2:18-24, Matthew 19:4-6).
- We believe sex was created by God as a means of reproduction and an expression of love within the marriage relationship and should be practiced solely within the confines of the marriage relationship (Genesis 1:28, Hebrews 13:4).